Forum Dragon Ball Nao

» [English] I'm from America, talk to me!

Strony:   1, 2
alpha
Ziemianin
Ziemianin

Dni na forum: 6.071
Holy shit, you poles talk too much.

Before I start correcting the entire page, let me answer some questions.

mihesz:

I live in Arizona, United States of America. Yes, it's hot as hell here. I don't really have an opinion on Poland, but be glad I even know Poland exists! Trust me, the majority of Americans probably only know Poland because Germany attacked it. I think my computer isn't translating your unique letters correctly when I view the page, it's like an A becoming a 7 when I look at it.

seji-san:

Latin?!! Pff, I'm barely trying to learn Spanish, which is easy when you know English. After I master Spanish, I might try to learn Latin or a language that would be used often such as Chinese/Japanese/Arabic. No offense to Polish, it's just not that common here.

Kamiru:

Let me first state that your English teacher was probably not completely wrong. Now that I said that, let me just say that he's speaking nonsense. Sure, some Americans are not familiar with technology because they never took the time to learn about it. Should I say you guys are stupid because you haven't mastered English completely? Am I stupid for not knowing Polish? I don't believe so. Not every American is wealthy, because I wouldn't say all the poles are poor and ancient.

The real reason why people might appear "stupid" to you is because they are ignorant to things you might know. Using stupid is implying that they are naturally unable to learn and think at the same level as yourself. My mother is someone who I consider ignorant because she knows little about the world, politics, and computers; but I wouldn't say she is stupid just because she doesn't know that much. I'm sure there are people in your country who don't know much about the world, politics, and computers as well.

The only thing your English teacher did was joke about the American people to fuel your ignorance of the United States. There are many stereotypes like Americans are all fat, lazy, spoiled, rich, stupid, Christians, and much more. Almost every popular country has some stereotype like Germans being Nazis, Britons being sophiscated, and the Japanese being ninjas and intelligent. Not every person in America falls into a stereotype because it is a mix of races, sizes, cultures, and intellects.

I know I talked way too much there, but hopefully you won't think the same anymore.
alpha
Ziemianin
Ziemianin

Dni na forum: 6.071
Focus napisał(a):
First of all, you need to learn few elementary words
First of all, you need to learn a few basic words. (Using basic would be more normal for English-speakers.)

Old Shatterhand napisał(a):
So, I've got to say that It's very hard language.
So, I've got to say that it's a very hard language. (People forget to use the -a- much of the time.)

Focus napisał(a):
Sorry for mistakes. Now in Poland is a middle part of night, and i'm tired.
Sorry for the mistakes. It's late here and I'm getting tired.

Filippo napisał(a):
You are first American's on this forum
You are the first American on this forum.

mihesz napisał(a):
You live in United States,in Canada or in Mexico?
Do you in the United States, Canada, or in Mexico.

(By the way, America doesn't refer to North America but the United States most of the time.)

mihesz napisał(a):
Polish peoples are crazy
Polish people are crazy.

seji_san napisał(a):
Do You want learn polish alpha? It,s very hard, very very hard... Our grammar is harder than yours, You haven't much grammar rules
Do you want to learn Polish, alpha? It's very hard, our grammar is harder than yours. You don't have much grammar rules...

Old Shatterhand napisał(a):
The human learns all his live.
Someone from another country isn't like VIP.
The human learns all of his life. Just because someone is from another country doesn't make him a VIP.

---> Hey Q, do you live in Poland? Your English is the most natural and correct out of all the posts I've read so far.
Drakan
Super Saiyanin 4
Super Saiyanin 4
[ Klan Asakura ]
Drakan
Dni na forum: 6.212
Plusy: 7
You haven't much grammar rules
You don't have much grammar rules...
Both forms are good. British people are saying "haven't" and American people are saying "don't have" .

I know I'm strange, but what are You?
Ech, gdzie te czasy Nao oświecone...
Q'ccaon'naeaeccer
Full Power SSJ
Full Power SSJ
[ Klan Takeda ]
Q'ccaon'naeaeccer
Dni na forum: 6.249
Plusy: 1
Ostrzeżenia: 2
Skąd: się biorą prześliczni Azjaci? Kocham kuchnię japońską!
seji_san napisał(a):
Both forms are good. British people are saying "haven't" and American people are saying "don't have" .
Britons are also saying "haven't got". But I wonder why you both are saying "much grammar rules"? I've always thought rules are countable. Have I been wrong?

alpha napisał(a):
Hey Q, do you live in Poland? Your English is the most natural and correct out of all the posts I've read so far.
I'm cosmopolitan, but yes, I was born and I still live in Poland. Pomerania, to be exact. I hope this situation won't last long and I will move someday, 'cause my beliefs don't suit ideology (and indoctrination) of Polish government. Well, you know - I'm one of those gay-liberal atheists they want to banish from their beloved fatherland. I'm submissive and peaceful person, so why don't make it easier for them and move on my own?

But that's not the main subject of our talk. I think it's funny you appreciated my English, 'cause my "leading" language in high school is German (I had no other choice :\ ). Perhaps I speak English pretty well, but that's not because of school teaching. I very often talk with my friend (who has advanced level of English) in English and I sometimes post on foreign forums. I also enjoy reading fanfiction and dōjinshi, which rarely are translated to Polish. I listen to English music and play English games, and I never use Polish subtitles (they sucks). Furthermore, I visit en.wiki everyday - there are over four times more articles than on pl.wiki, they're much more complex and interesting, there are less stubs and edit wars aren't so annoying.

Coming back to the case of stereotypes, I guess many Poles believe Americans are stupid 'cause they (Americans) often lack versatility. Education in Poland is concentrated in teaching everything and nothing. Every student in elementary and high school have to know basics of informatics, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, history, politics, linguistics etc. etc. However, Americans are more specialized - they're masters of their domain.

Best regards.
Q.

At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia.
Drakan
Super Saiyanin 4
Super Saiyanin 4
[ Klan Asakura ]
Drakan
Dni na forum: 6.212
Plusy: 7
Education in Poland is concentrated in teaching everything and nothing. Every student in elementary and high school have to know basics of informatics, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, history, politics, linguistics etc. etc.
Yes, this is annoying but what can we do? This knowledge is not always necessary. Only Japanese learn more but their skills will be developed. Here you have to learn yourself

I know I'm strange, but what are You?
Ech, gdzie te czasy Nao oświecone...
Al Ed Upek Kobieta
"Deus Volt
Deus Volt
[ Klan Kutang ]
Al Ed Upek
Dni na forum: 6.237
Plusy: 10
Q'ccaon'naeaeccer napisał(a):
Education in Poland is concentrated in teaching everything and nothing. Every student in elementary and high school have to know basics of informatics, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, history, politics, linguistics etc. etc. However, Americans are more specialized - they're masters of their domain.
That's why i think that american education system is better than polish, whose like as a higher level(seemingly). Why must I learn math or biology, when i want learn history? This is reallny annoying and stupid.
Everything and nothing-good wording.

Nigdy nie będę w 100 % szczęśliwy, bo spirytus ma 96 %.- mój kolega Marcin.
-Nadia, gdzie moje gacie?
-Nie wiem, pewnie do muzeum wzięli.
Panie Bolesławie, witamy w domu. Witamy całą ekipę czarnuchów z łańcuchami.
Nie oznacza to jednak, że byłem świniakiem pokroju Kwaśniewskiego, czy innego Komorowskiego, aż tak nisko nie upadłem. Chłopu trzeba dawać albo się nie dziwić. Chłopak wyczaił ją na skupie żywca. W sezonie tzw "świńskiej górki". Na imie jej było Teresa, Teresa z domu Bąk. Gonar wziął 2k kredytu na suple. xD
Thought
Saiyanin
Saiyanin
[ Klan Takeda ]
Thought
Dni na forum: 6.149
It's pleasure, to talk with you here, dear forgein visitor!
I bet my collegues told you something about our culture. <Take my apologizes, but I'm too lazy, to read all of the previous posts>

Well, as my predecessors said. polish school isn't planned as well as it could.
The problem is, that students don't need to understand issues, but only to remamber them in system "question-> answer"
Of course, basic knowledge is needed and I disagree with person, who said, that learning one subject, if you're interested in other, is stupid.
I can easily accept polish system of TEACHING, but our system of testing, isn't the best idea. I think, unless we get more practice, we will be...well...just strange... It is like if you know perfectly, how TV works, but you're not able to turn it on...And testing system is told as a "perfect system created to check our abilities, not only knowledge". But beeing honest, it's a crap.It is checking neither your knowledge, nor abilities. It's checking how much text you can remamber...

When Thought looks in a mirror the mirror shatters, because not even glass is stupid enough to get in between Thought and Thought.
Dark Mężczyzna
Kaiō
Kaiō
[ Klan Tokugawa ]

Dni na forum: 6.124
Plusy: 4
Ostrzeżenia: 6
Nice too met you Alpha, these is my first contact be English women or men, sory but my english it's not perfect. I like Dragon Ball and good food & Fotball, Ski Jumping. Pozdrawiam cya.
Strony:   1, 2

Forum DB Nao » » » » » [English] I'm from America, talk to me!
Przejdź do:  
DB NaoForum DB NaoAninoteAnimePhrasesDr. Slump